Hello, and welcome to Pokemon: The Nanka Region Roleplaying Livejournal. Here you will assume the role of a new pokemon trainer traveling through a new region of the pokemon world. All of the common pokemon are here, and a few of the legendary pokemon may be lurking about. If you would like to play, please read the rules and then add a comment with the requested information. Your admin is pokemon_gm.
1. Please don't play as or post for another person's character. As part of this, please try to keep on top of your character here, and be active.
2. Please don’t try to be all powerful. You can't win them all, sometimes the odds are against you.
3. You can play any type of person you want, but try to keep it real.
4. Please try to avoid posting that you see a pokemon, or you are chasing one that you saw. The admin will list what pokemon and trainers that you run into as you run into them.
5. Let's keep this PG. If you want to role play sex or more adult themes, keep it to your own journal.
6. Please make all posts Friends only, and not public.
Your pokemon will go up levels as you battle and train them. There are many pokedex online that will show you what attacks they know and at what levels they learn them. Please keep track of this yourself, and the admin try to keep on top of it as well. If they can learn a TM or an HM, then you will need to find a person in the game (most likely a non-player character) who can teach your pokemon that move.
Also, keep in mind that all starters will start at level 5. If the pokemon you wish to use does not have an attack at level 5, they are going to be hard to use as a starter.
Fish like pokemon need to be in water to battle, which means that for pokemon like Goldeen and Magikarp, you would need to be near water to use them. Land traveling water types like squirtle, poliwag and the like would still be fine on land battles.
Battling is not the only way to capture pokemon, but it is the most common. You can also try luring them with food or trying to approach them slowly.
Team Rocket, Magma and Aqua:
They do not exist in this region, not yet at least. However, Team Aero and Team Terra are at odds with each other most of the time. If you wish to join them, you will have to find them.
Posting and Playing:
The admin will post settings, and what you find. You can post your actions in a new comment in the setting post, or in a new post. When the first person reaches a new city or route, the admin will post a new post with that setting. The admin will take care of the non player characters, such as Nurse Joy and other trainers.
To sign up:
Reply with the following:
1. Character name: First and last preferred
2. Character age: Most trainers are between 10 and 19. All characters will be starting trainers.
3. Character gender: Male or Female
4. Starting Pokemon: Any of the normal starters are good. No rare, legendary or evolved pokemon allowed.
5. Pokemon gender.